Recent Scores
  • Apr 18 / Girls LacrosseDenmark - 17, Lambert - 5
  • Apr 17 / Girls SoccerDenmark - 4, Duluth - 1
  • Apr 17 / Boys SoccerDenmark - 0, Discovery - 2
  • Feb 19 / Boys LacrosseDenmark - 16, Mountain View - 4
The Student News Site of Denmark High School

Denmark Unleashed

Revealing Stories, Inspiring Tomorrow

Denmark Unleashed

Denmark Unleashed

Promising Replacement Oscar Delp to fill the shoes of Bowers in 2024

“Thank you dawg nation for the everlasting support you guys have shown me throughout my time here. Easily the best fans in the nation…. With that being said, I will officially be declaring for the 2024 NFL Draft.” That’s what UGA fans opened up their instagram on January 2nd to see. Brock Bowers is Officially forfeiting his last year of college football to go all in on the NFL. 

Although Brock Bowers will be a missed member of the UGA roster, the next tight end for the Dawgs has already been looked over and decided to be Oscar Delp. Delp has had 59 receptions, 968 all purpose yards, and 14 carries for 45 yards and one touchdown in his previous West Forsyth Blue. Being the #4 prospect in Georgia is an amazing resume for any college football player,  but fans still have a lingering sour taste in their mouths after having to let go of Bowers in the first place. 

Delp took the passive route to the passive aggressive comments, saying he’s “just trying to focus on my game and just be the next Oscar Delp.”

Delp doesn’t plan on just being the ‘replacement’ for the Dawgs in the coming years. Bowers may have left, but that hasn’t stopped Smart from commenting in multiple interviews that “there is no replacing Bowers”.  All Delp can do in the meantime is to keep working to prove UGA’s own fans wrong throughout the coming seasons.

Cameron Salerno. Jan 2. “2024 NFL Draft: Georgia Star Tight End Brock Bowers Declares as Potential Top-Five Pick.” CBSSports.Com, 3 Jan. 2024, www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2024-nfl-draft-georgia-star-tight-end-brock-bowers-declares-as-potential-top-five-pick/#:~:text=Georgia%20star%20tight%20end%20Brock%20Bowers%20will%20forego%20his%20remaining,limited%20by%20an%20ankle%20injury. 

Riley, Connor. “Oscar Delp Is a Lot More for Georgia Football than Just the Tight End Stepping in for Brock Bowers.” DawgNation, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 26 Oct. 2023, www.dawgnation.com/football/good-day-uga/oscar-delp-georgia-football-brock-bowers/NQ3WQ6ANHRAFVO3RH5JYZ4SNJ4/. 

Schlabach, Mark. “Georgia Star Te Brock Bowers Declares for 2024 NFL Draft.” ESPN, ESPN Internet Ventures, www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39231316/georgia-star-te-brock-bowers-declares-2024-nfl-draft. Accessed 25 Jan. 2024.