Recent Scores
  • Apr 18 / Girls LacrosseDenmark - 17, Lambert - 5
  • Apr 17 / Girls SoccerDenmark - 4, Duluth - 1
  • Apr 17 / Boys SoccerDenmark - 0, Discovery - 2
  • Feb 19 / Boys LacrosseDenmark - 16, Mountain View - 4
The Student News Site of Denmark High School

Denmark Unleashed

Revealing Stories, Inspiring Tomorrow

Denmark Unleashed

Denmark Unleashed

Danes Dominate Double Header at UNG

Sara Harris narrowing her focus as the pitcher starts her motion.

The Lady Danes triumph back-to-back victories continuing their impressive start to the season. In the beautiful mountains of North Georgia, the softball team had an impressive victory against Northwest Whitfield High School winning 9-1, followed by a shutout against Pike County High School, 8-0. Jordan Williams starts off the game strong, scoring in the first inning with runs followed by Avery Callaway and Sara Harris.

the softball team had an impressive victory against Northwest Whitfield High School winning 9-1, followed by a shutout against Pike County High School, 8-0

The girls dominated both games offensively. Sara Harris, starting shortstop, explains how the team prepared for the doubleheader, “We do specific drills that prepare us for the type of pitching we are going to see.” With her remarkable outing at the plate it is obvious that her work in practice paid off. Harris went three for three during the North West Whitfield High School game, and was solid on defense.

Jessica Delavie slides safely into home to end the game in a mercy rule.

The team excelled in every aspect of the game. Coach Huffstetler reveals the exciting takeaways of the game “They got bunts down, stole bases, moved runners, and played very unselfish softball.” The pitchers worked hard in the circle and the defense stood their ground all day long resulting in their impressive victories. These games showed the dedication of the girls how the Danes will dominate and strive for the rest of the season.